Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Getting Older...

With my birthday coming up early next month it got me wondering..."Where the hell did the time go?!" I just turned 21 last year....7 years ago! So why do I feel so....do I dare say it?..OLD. Yeppp. But before anybody starts in on the "When I was your age..." mumbo jumbo...l think I have came up with some reasons why I'm feeling older than I should.

** When I go into Home Depot I get school girl crazy over the new washers and dryers that they came out with... 
** 21 year olds use "ma'am" when speaking to me...
** My sweet mom saids "they have a cream for those bags under your eyes!" Thannnnkkkk you mom for pointing those out!
** I'm in the yard watering my plants at 7am when our neighbors young son is just rolling in...
** I enjoy grocery store music...
** My 18 year old niece tells me my kickass new Nike's aren't in style anymore...And all I could wonder was "Then why the eff are they still so expensive!?" 

As of this moment I'm not looking forward to this birthday but I still have a little less than a month to change my elderly attitude towards getting older to a young and hip way of approaching it!
 :) 
Wish me luck! 




2 comments:

  1. Lol I laughed so hard at this! I'm only 24 but this is totally me too, I suppose I've aged quicker due to my kiddos:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Glad I'm not the only one out there feeling this way! :)

      Delete