Thursday, August 22, 2013

Love, Marriage & 25lbs


First comes LOVE, then comes MARRIAGE...then comes 25lbs attached to your ASS!

With only a year and half into my marriage I find myself guilty of being comfortable with my hubby and not "trying" as hard as I did when we were dating! I think most of us ladies can relate to this on some kind of level. But with that being said, the Hubs will even admit to gaining the "first year fifteen" as well. 

So why do we get complacent with ourselves in the first few years of marriage? 
 I know for me, I made sure my hair, nails, outfits, skin and body looked a certain way everyday I was around the hubs when we were dating. To the point that I was borderline obsessed with the way I looked. It was my MAIN priority! Then came the proposal, I made even moreee effort during the planning of my wedding to make sure I was completely put together!  But after March 3rd, 2012 it all went down hill from there! But not in a "binged on Twinkies the day after my wedding" kinda down hill! It was gradual, 1 "cheap day" turned into 2 days....then into from the time I got off work Friday until I went back Monday. I found myself getting lazy with my food prep and planning my meals, along with traveling with JL's baseball team that would have us eating out or on the go the whole weekend. So now I find myself just as pissed as I was when the college "freshman fifteen" jumped aboard! 

Soooo....starting TODAY these extra lbs are gonna have to move the hell on...because my ass is not the place for them! :)


I had to post some of my bridals just to give me that little extra motivation to pull myself together! :)





6 comments:

  1. OMG! I was just thinking this today. I have totally put on 25lbs in the first year that I have been with the fiance. I've got to put a plan together this weekend and get my ducks in a row. Weight has always been an issue and I should know better than to let myself get to this point (I used to weigh over 430lbs).. hopefully I can lay everything out on the line and hold myself accountable here on the blog.. maybe you and I can be weight loss buds. PS- your wedding photos are SO cute. Love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had an amazing photographer! Yesss, that would be great, I have struggled with accountability as well which is one reason why I hire a personal trainer! I figure if I pay the money, I know I won't skip a workout then!

      Delete
  2. Loving your dress length with those boots! I never thought of that combo before!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am still so in love with those boots! :)

      Delete