Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sriracha Broccoli

Happy Tuesday friends! 
Since sriracha is one of my favorite things on earth and broccoli is my favorite veggie, I just had to try this recipe that combines the two.
It's been said that I am a horrible cook but this recipe was even easy for me...and that's saying a lot! I made it a few weeks ago, and if you follow my Instagram you saw that I paired this side dish with a salmon fillet covered in roasted salsa. It was just Michael and I for dinner so I added a little more sriracha than what the recipe actually calls for since we like things hot and spicy....you know kinda like us! :)) 

Ingredients:
3 Heads of Broccoli
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
2 Tsp Sesame Seed Oil
3 Tbs Sriracha (your choice on how spicy you want it. Use 1 1/2 tbs for less spicy
1 Garic Clove
Handful of Crushed Peanuts (15 peanuts or so)
Black Pepper, to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Cut the broccoli from the stalk into small florets and wash & dry well.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the seasonings and diced garlic together.
4. Coat the broccoli evenly.
5. Put the seasoned broccoli onto a baking pan.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, but remember to toss it half way through.
7. Serve with extra crushed peanuts on top!
***No reason to worry if broccoli is brown, cooked soy sauce turns it brown.


3 comments:

  1. Hey woman!! That looks awesome and I am definitely going to try it! Hope all is well in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had sriracha before. We always have it on hand b/c Pete loves it but for some reason I've just never tried it. I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete